We believe that the Bible is the word of God. In the Bible God tells us all that we need to know about what to believe and how to live. The Bible does not contain any mistakes or errors and is therefore completely true and reliable. We gladly come under its authority
The overall message of the Bible can be summarised as follows:
- There is only one God who is infinitely great and infinitely good.
- This one God is three persons: The Father, The Son who is Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Each of the 3 persons is fully God.
- Jesus Christ is the final and clearest way that God has shown Himself to us.
- God created everything including human beings. Everything was very good.
- The tragedy of the human race is that sin has entered our world. Sin is basically our rejection of God and rebellion against Him. Sin is the root cause of all the misery and suffering in the world. We are each guilty of sin individually and personally. If our sin is not forgiven by God we will suffer the misery of eternal torment away from God.
- God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, that whoever believes on Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- In giving His Son, God’s purpose was for Jesus to live a perfect life then die on the cross. In His death Jesus was dealing with the sin problem for all the people who really believe on Him. He dealt with the sin problem by becoming a substitute; in other words taking the punishment for sin Himself and crediting his perfect life to believing sinners.
- After three days Jesus was raised from the dead and shortly afterwards ascended to heaven where all power is given to Him in heaven and in earth. He will return in His second coming in great power and glory. He will be the Judge of all.
- Whoever believes on Jesus has complete forgiveness of all their sins (past, present and future), and everlasting life. To believe on Jesus means that we become His followers. We turn from our sin (repent), trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus to deal with our personal sin problem and seek to obey Jesus fully in every aspect of our life. God gives the Holy Spirit to every believer to empower them to live the Christian life.
- Every Christian needs to be part of a community of believers meeting as a local church.
The above is only a very brief summary.